Thank you to everyone who contributed to our Panels & Pixels: A Virtual Comics Exhibition and live Zoom event on November 9, 2021, and especially to those who brought their comics, stories, and comic art to this event. We appreciate your willingness to share your interests, creativity, and artistic work with us and with each other. The range and diversity of the comics discussed was impressive, and the individual stories moving and insightful. And, of course, the original artwork was an inspiration.
We’d like to invite everyone to take a look at our Panels & Pixels StoryMap exhibit, featuring some of the original art & stories that were submitted.
Slides from the live Zoom event (featuring comics from participants’ collections) will be archived in our institutional repository, and a link will be provided on our Digital Scholarship blog and Comics Studies blog soon (see below).
We would also like to invite additional submissions of original art for our StoryMap on a rolling basis throughout this academic year. This way, we can continue to build our community of comics fans and artists and develop our map of the UNT campus as a creative space for artists, writers, and readers of comics. This invitation is open to all UNT students, faculty, or staff. You can submit your work through the link below.
Submission form: https://forms.gle/TFrV45nNbgx8CB8k6
Keep in mind that you’ll need to provide a preferred location on campus where you like to work, read, or think about comics, and choose a Creative Commons License to attach to your work. If you have questions about the latter, please contact email@example.com
And remember to visit these resources from the Libraries to learn more about comics and digital scholarship at UNT:
- Digital Scholarship (UNT Libraries): https://library.unt.edu/services/digital-scholarship/
- Digital Scholarship Blog: https://blogs.library.unt.edu/digital-scholarship/
- Digital Scholarship/Digital Humanities Guide: https://guides.library.unt.edu/digital-scholarship
- Comics Studies at UNT Blog: https://blogs.library.unt.edu/comics/
- Comics Studies Guide: https://guides.library.unt.edu/comics-studies
- Government Comics Guide: https://guides.library.unt.edu/government-comics
Thank you again, on behalf of the Digital Scholarship Committee and the UNT Libraries.